Mayan Archaeoastronomy: Observers of the Universe
In a feast of colours and sounds, Mayan Archaeoastronomy: Observers of the Universe makes a tour of 6 Mayan temples: San Gervasio, Chichen Itzá, Uxmal, Edzná, Palenque and Bonampak where the spectator dives into a Mayan world of knowledge about the importance of the orientations of its temples in relation to the movement of some stars like the Sun, the Moon and Venus.
Mayan Archaeoastronomy: Observers of the Universe is the first movie for fulldome completely animated made in Mexico. It is narrated in 4 languages English, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese. It is a film financed by the National Council of Science and Technology of Mexico, produced by Frutos Digitales with the support of the European Southern Observatory (ESO).
The material is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Mayan Archaeoastronomy Trailer in Chinese
- Mayan Archaeoastronomy Trailer in English
- Mayan Archaeoastronomy Trailer in Portuguese
- Mayan Archaeoastronomy Trailer in Spanish
- Electronic Poster
- Translation: Sergey Maslikov
- Production: The Grand Novosibirsk Planetarium, 2017
- Narration: Ekaterina Galyamova
- Recording: Anton Ilyashenko
- Japanese Edition Production: MiC PARIS
- Translation: Tadashi Mori, Makiko Endo
- Narration: Tomomi Yuzaki
About the Video
|Release date:||12 June 2017, 18:17|
|Duration:||20 m 00 s|
|Frame rate:||30 fps|