NaCo Photometric Standards
Standard star observations with the broad band filters are part of the NaCo calibration plan. If you wish to observe a standard star which is not from one of the following lists or a specific standard star, then you must submit a calibration OB.
For CONICA 1-2.5 micron imaging, we use different photometric standard star catalogues for different dichroics.
- For the VIS, N20C80 and K dichroics, standards come from the LCO/Palomar list of Persson et al. (1998, AJ, 116, 2475). These stars have JHK and Ks magnitudes.
- For the N90C10 dichroic, standards can come from either the LCO/Palomar list or the ESO list from van der Bliek (1996, A&AS, 119, 547).
For CONICA 3-5 micron imaging, we use a variety of standard star catalogues.
- ESO list of van der Bliek standards. These stars have JHK L M magnitudes and spectral types.
- L' and M' standards from the list of bright UKIRT standards. These stars have JHKLL'M magnitudes.
- L' standards from the list of UKIRT L'M' standards.
Standard star observations with the narrow and intermediate band filters are not part of the NaCo calibration plan. Users will have to submit calibration OBs if they require standard star observations in these filters.
There are several catalogues that could be used. Users should check the following catalogues.
- ESO list from van der Bliek standards for JHKL band NB filters.
- MSSSO photometric standards for L-band NB filters.
- UKIRT list of bright standards.