Sixth European Radio Interferometry School (ERIS2015)
ESO Garching, 6 - 10 September, 2015
ERIS will provide 5 days of lectures and tutorials on how to obtain scientific results from radio interferometry at metre to sub-millimetre wavelengths. It is the sixth in a series of schools sponsored by RadioNet.
Topics to be covered include:
- Fundamentals of radio interferometry
- Calibration of continuum, spectral-line and polarization data
- Imaging, deconvolution and self-calibration
- Low-frequency (LOFAR), cm-wave (Jansky VLA, eMERLIN), mm-wave (ALMA, NOEMA) and Very Long Baseline Interferometry (EVN)
- Extracting information from images and data cubes; interpreting the results
- Choosing the most effective array(s) for your project and writing proposals
We expect to be able to accommodate up to about 130 participants.
The school will start at 0920 on Sunday September 6th and end at 1545 on Thursday September 10th (this is to allow participants to travel to the IRAM Single Dish School, which starts on September 11th).
The school is supported by RadioNet3 and ESO. RadioNet3 has received funding from the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 283393.