ESO Releases The Messenger No. 147
28 March 2012
The latest edition of ESO’s quarterly journal, The Messenger, is now available online. Find out the latest from ESO, with topics ranging from new instruments to the latest discoveries. Highlights include:
- A report on the progress of the Multi Unit Spectroscopic Explorer (MUSE), a second generation panoramic integral field spectrograph for the Very Large Telescope (VLT).
- The Atacama Pathfinder EXperiment Sunyaev-Zel’dovich Instrument (APEX-SZ), four years of observing galaxy clusters.
- Testing the feasibility of the near-infrared surface brightness method to measure distances to Cepheid variables.
- The story behind the search of intermediate-mass black holes in globular clusters and their connection with supermassive black holes in early galaxy formation.
- The description of the GAIA-ESO Public Spectroscopic Survey, a large library of high quality spectroscopy of 100 000 Milky Way stars.
- The Messenger No. 147 (March 2012)
About the Announcement