ESOcast 192 Light: GRAVITY Resolves a Gravitationally Microlensed Star
The GRAVITY instrument on ESO's Very Large Telescope Interferometer (VLTI) has seen what seems an impossible sight...
The video is available in 4K UHD.
The ESOcast Light is a series of short videos bringing you the wonders of the Universe in bite-sized pieces. The ESOcast Light episodes will not be replacing the standard, longer ESOcasts, but complement them with current astronomy news and images in ESO press releases.
- Research paper — First Resolution of Microlensed Images
- Subscribe to ESOcast in iTunes!
- Receive future episodes on YouTube by pressing the Subscribe button or on Vimeo by pressing the Follow button.
- Watch more ESOcast episodes
- Find out how to view and contribute subtitles for the ESOcast in multiple languages.
Directed by: Nico Bartmann.
Editing: Nico Bartmann.
Web and technical support: Mathias André and Raquel Yumi Shida.
Written by: Ivana Kurečić, Mariya Lyubenova, and Calum Turner.
Music: John Stanford – The Edge (johnstanfordmusic.com).
Footage and photos: ESO, UHD Team, M. Kornmesser, B. Tafreshi (twanight.org), MPE, F. Kamphues, MATISSE consortium, P. Horálek.
Scientific Consultants: Paola Amico and Mariya Lyubenova.
Executive producer: Lars Lindberg Christensen.
About the Video
|Release date:||23 January 2019, 17:00|
|Duration:||01 m 48 s|
|Frame rate:||30 fps|