Tools and Tips
This page contains all tools and tips needed to prepare efficiently FORS observations.
FORS2 specific tools
Tools and information to prepare and execute FORS2 observations.
- FORS Instrument Mask Simulator fims: during the Phase 2 Proposal Preparation, some observing modes will require interactive mask preparation with this tool.
- FORS Standard Stars and Fields
- UCAC1 catalog: CCD astrometry for the southern sky (VizieR Search Page)
- FORS2 Zero Points trend analysis from the daily health check monitor. For details see
- FORS2 calibration reference frames.This page contains examples of what the offered data calibration should look like.
Generic Tools and Information
- ETC, Exposure Time Calculators
- Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Preparation of Phase 2 material for service
- FORS science: most popular FORS papers listed by year, as of September 2010. "Popular" here means having >= 10 ADS citations.NB: science categories are rather arbitrary. For a most recent listing, please see the Science subsection.