CRIRES-Specific Tools and Tips
This page refers to the upgraded CRIRES which is currently installed at UT3. For the original (pre-upgrade, pre-August 2014) CRIRES please use the following link.
Generic Tools and information
- Exposure Time Calculator (CRIRES ETC)
- Phase 1 Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Phase 2 Proposal Preparation for Service Mode observations
- Phase 2 p2
- Moving targets - ESO compliant ephemerides files generator
- CRIRES specific raw data archive
- NICMOS Units Converter
Catalogues of telluric standard stars:
- Hipparcos A1 stars or earlier, suitable for J, H, K, and L bands spectroscopy
- Hipparcos B8 or earlier with V <4.0 or B8 to G0 with V < 4.8, suitable for M-band spectroscopy
- Hipparcos O type stars (from ISAAC)
- Hipparcos B type stars (from ISAAC)
- Hipparcos G type stars (from ISAAC)
Catalogues of spectro-photometric standard stars:
A CRIRES standalone version of MOLECFIT is currently being developed. Please check the MOLECFIT page for updates.
Line lists and FTS scans of gas cells
- Calibration tables from NIST. This link provides wave numbers for a number of molecules, useful to calibrate CRIRES spectra from atmospheric lines. In wave number, CRIRES spectral range is [1850 - 10520]/cm.
- FTS scan of Short Gas Cell (SGC) in the H-band (*.gz, 2.5 MB) and K-band (*.gz, 2 MB)
- FTS scan of N2O Gas Cell in the LM-bands (*.gz, 1 MB)
High S/N flat fields
On a regular basis, we take flat fields in the YJHKL bands with S/N of ~700 per pixel per exposure. These flat fields can be searched in the CRIRES specific raw data archive by selecting DPR TYPE = 'FLAT', NDIT = 50 and the desired wavelength setting.
- Upgraded instrument: all information is provided on the cr2res pipeline page. Note that the cr2res pipeline is NOT compatible with data taken with the original instrument (pre-upgrade).