Tools and Tips
XSHOOTER contributed paper library
Publications based on data obtained with X-shooter should quote the following reference paper: Vernet et al. 2011, A&A, 536A, 105.
- Articles through ADS.
- An excerpt of XSHOOTER operations at Paranal by Martayan et al..
- The physical model: quality control for X-Shooter by Moehler et al.
- The X-shooter pipeline by Modigliani et al.
- Using the X-shooter physical model: instrument flexure by Bristow et al.
- Performances of X-shooter by Vernet et al.
- Meeting devoted to the 1st year of XSHOOTER science (October 19-22, 2010): website.
- "Building up a database of spectro-photometric standard stars from the UV to the NIR: a status report" by Vernet et al., 2008, SPIE, 7016E, 46.
- "Results of X-shooter data reduction software on laboratory frames" by Goldoni et al., 2008, SPIE, 7014E, 193.
XSHOOTER specific tools and information
- SM spectrophotometric standard stars
- Flux tables, in the article Moehler et al. (2014), and in VIZIER
- Spectrophotometric standard stars in ascii for the UVB arm
- Spectrophotometric standard stars in ascii for the VIS arm
- Spectrophotometric standard stars in ascii for the NIR arm
- ThAr lines atlas for the UVB arm and in ascii version
- ThAr lines atlas for the VIS arm and in ascii version
- Hg/Ar/Ne/Xe atlas in ascii for the NIR arm
- Sky lines atlas in ascii for VIS arm
- Sky lines atlas in ascii for NIR arm
- xshooter pipeline, REFLEX worflow available
Telluric standard stars - WARNING:
Telluric standard stars are observed in nodding mode since Period 91. The 400kHz readout mode for the UVB/VIS arms will be used independently of the readout speed of the science observations. Detector binning will be the same as for the science observations. The telluric standard stars observed by the Observatory will have about 10,000 ADUs in the middle of the brightest orders of each arms (S/N~50-100). Users requiring higher S/N are encouraged to submit their own telluric star OBs, in which case the corresponding execution time must be included in the time requested at Phase 1. The corresponding time will be charged to the program. The Observatory does not provide observations of telluric standard stars with slits of 5”, but will in this case provide a telluric with smaller slit widths.
Generic tools and information
Some information and tools that are shared by all instruments.
- ETC, Exposure Time Calculators
- Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Preparation of Phase 2 material for service mode (SM) observations. Please, check the instrument specific phase 2 requirements or phase 2 news.
- Instrument Health Check (HC) plots . Click on the X-SHOOTER entry on the top left corner to access to the monitoring plots of the XSHOOTER UVB, VIS, and NIR spectrographs.