Download the Official Conference Flyer:
PDF (with printer marks):
A limited amount of financial aid is available to help pay for attendance at the ADASS XXI conference. Financial aid is aimed especially at students and attendees who are new to ADASS. It is provided to participants based primarily on the merit of their abstracts (oral, poster, or demonstration) and on demonstrated need. Financial aid may be granted for registration fee and/or hotel accomodations for up to 5 nights.
We do not provide financial support for air fare. Awards will not cover the banquet or guest fees, nor will it cover extra hotel charges beyond those for the basic room plus tax.
In order to apply for financial aid, you must register for the conference by 1 August. Financial aid applicants are required to submit an abstract, and to provide the information given below in an email to email@example.com. This information will be shared only with the POC members who will be reviewing the applications.
1. Position Title
3. Brief vita and list of up to 5 relevant publications (maximum of 2 printed pages)
4. Type of financial aid requested
5. If the applicant is a student, please also provide:
1. Academic Level (Undergraduate, Graduate)
2. Name and e-mail address of person who will provide a letter of recommendation; the letter must be received from your reference by the LOC (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 August 2011.
6. Brief statement detailing how you wil benefit from attending ADASS XXI and how ADASS XXI will benefit from having your presentation.
Those requesting financial aid will be notified by e-mail of the POC decision prior to the abstract submission deadline (15 August). If financial aid is granted, you will be notified of the specifics of the award, and you will have two weeks from the notification date to accept the offer. If aid is not granted, or not granted in full, applicants will be given a two week period either to withdraw their registration without penalty, or to provide alternate payment information. (In this latter case, fees will be assessed at the early, discounted rate if the payment information is provided by the early registration deadline, or within two weeks of the notification, whichever is later.